HVAC- Heating ,Ventilation and Air-Conditioning.In other words HVAC is the technology of which we can control his indoor and vehicular environment.
History of HVAC:
- In 1851 Dr. John Gorrie was granted U.S patent for Refrigeration machine.
- In 1880 Refrigeration became available for industrial purpose.Initially two major uses-freezing meat for transport and making ice.
- Early 1990-new initiative to keep building cool for comfort.
- In 1902 Cooling the New york stock exchange which is one of the first comfort cooling system.
Need of HVAC System:
- Improvement of the Air Quality.
- Moisture Regulation.
- Maintenance of the constant temperature throughout the year.
- Energy Conservation.
Function of HVAC:
- Control of Air Temperature.
- Control of Moisture Content in the Air.
- Proper Air Movement.
- To hold the Air Contamination within Acceptable limits.
|STALE AIR||FRESH AIR|
|NOISY AMBIENCE||NOISE TREATMENT|
APPLICATION OF HVAC:
- Schools,Colleges & Universities.
COMFORT ZONE IN HVAC:
|Temperature||20 to 25 deg Celsius.|
|Humidity||30% relative humidity(RH) and 60% RH.|
|Pressure||A slightly positive pressure to reduce outside air infiltration.|
|Ventilation||Rooms typically have several complete air changes per hour.|